Blue Rewards Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions supplement the additional conditions for Barclays Blue Rewards (see below) and explain how you can earn Loyalty Rewards if you set up or make Direct Debit payments from one or more qualifying Barclays products.
The products that could give you Loyalty Rewards
Receive a ￡3.50 reward for each of your first 2 Direct Debit payments, up to ￡7 each month. You’re eligible for this reward if the Direct Debits are successfully paid from your chosen current account.
Mortgage Loyalty Reward?
You can get our ￡5 monthly Mortgage Reward if you have or take out a residential mortgage with us. You’re only eligible for this reward on one mortgage at any time and it’s not available on our buy-to-let mortgages or staff mortgages taken out before 2003.
Loan Loyalty Reward
Get ￡1 each month on a Loan Reward if you have or take out a Barclayloan with us. The following loans don’t qualify: Professional Career Development, Resolve, Staff Season Ticket, Staff Career Development and all Staff Loans taken out before September 2013.
You’re only eligible for the Loan Reward:
- For one Barclayloan at any one time
- If your loan repayments are up to date, there are no arrears and we haven’t written off your loan
We might stop paying your Loan Reward if you fall behind with your repayments, there are arrears or we write off your loan.
Woldwide Overseas Debit Card Offer
- Offer available to Premier & Community Banking Barclays Blue Rewards customers who meet the monthly eligibility criteria and are opted into Barclays Blue Rewards at the time of reward payment
- Premier Blue Rewards customers will earn ￡1.00 reward per overseas debit card transaction (including all point of sale and ATM transactions)
- All other Blue Rewards customers will earn 50p reward per overseas debit card transaction (including all point of sale and ATM transactions)
- Excludes transactions on the internet, via mail order or telephone order
- Excludes transactions made in Gibraltar (Sterling)
- Offer relates to transactions made between 1st September 2016 and 30 November 2016 on your account linked to Blue Rewards
- Rewards accrued during the offer period will be paid to Blue Rewards wallet by 31st December 2016
- No minimum spend is required
- The offer can be withdrawn at any time
The following fees apply when using your Debit Card overseas. If you use your debit card abroad or pay in a currency other than sterling (either abroad or in the UK):
- Barclays will charge you a 2.75% Non-Sterling Transaction Fee when making purchases, withdrawing cash or when you are being refunded
- On top of this, if you’re getting cash over the counter at a bank abroad (including Barclays), or using an ATM other than a Barclays ATM or an ATM at a Global Alliance member bank, you’ll also be charged a ￡1.50 Non-Sterling Cash Fee and the ATM provider may apply other charges
- Visa converts transactions into sterling using the Visa Exchange Rate on the day it processes the transaction. This date may be different to the day on which the transaction took place. Historic exchange rate information is available at www.visaeurope.com
Home insurance Loyalty Reward
You'll get our Home Insurance Reward when you take out or renew your personal buildings, contents, combined cover or Finer High-Value Home Insurance with us. You can earn ￡1 per month for buildings or contents cover, and ￡3 per month for combined cover or Finer High-Value Home Insurance.
You need to join Barclays Blue Rewards first, or do so within 30 days of your policy start date, to be eligible for this reward. If you've had your policy for longer than 30 days, you won't be eligible until you renew.
It’s not available for any of our Student Possessions, Starter Contents, Home Emergency, Legal Services, Gadget, Bike, Sports Equipment, Personal Items and Student Contents cover.
Your rights under your insurance policy won't be affected by being a Barclays Blue Rewards customer.
You’re only eligible for the Home Insurance Loyalty Reward on one policy at any one time.
When and how you’ll receive your rewards
Rewards for Barclays products
We’ll add your Direct Debit Loyalty Reward, Mortgage Reward, Loan Reward and Home Insurance Reward into your Rewards Wallet on the second working day of each month. Payments will start on the second working day of the calendar month that follows:
- Joining Barclays Blue Rewards if you have an existing mortgage or existing loan
- Completion of your new mortgage
- Opening of your new loan
- The starting date of your insurance policy
As long as you have Barclays Blue Rewards:
- Your Mortgage Loyalty Reward will be paid every month for as long as you have the mortgage
- Your Loan Loyalty Reward will be paid every month for as long as you have a loan unless we stop paying your Loan Loyalty Reward because your loan repayments are not up-to-date, you are in arrears or we write off your loan
- Your Home Insurance Loyalty Reward will be paid every month for as long as you hold the policy
When you renew your policy, top up your loan, switch rates, borrow more, move house or remortgage from another lender, please check to see what Loyalty Reward you’ll be eligible for with your new mortgage, loan or home insurance policy.
We might revise your Direct Debit Loyalty Reward, Mortgage Reward or Loan Reward in the future to make sure that the reward remains competitive and reflects changes to our costs over the term of your mortgage, loan or account. We might also add or remove any Product Rewards. We’ll give you 2 months’ notice before making any change and if you don’t agree with the changes, you can cancel your Barclays Blue Rewards, without charge, in Online Banking or our mobile-banking app.
If you leave Barclays Blue Rewards and re-join later, you'll need to renew or take out new home insurance products from us to qualify for the Home Insurance Loyalty Reward.
Where a mortgage or loan is in joint names:
- If you’re both members or both become members of Barclays Blue Rewards, the reward will be split 50:50 between you (if there are more than 2 of you, it will be split between the 2 people who have held their current account with us for the longest period of time)
- If one of you leaves Barclays Blue Rewards then 100% of the reward will be paid to the remaining policy holder from that point onwards
- If only one of you is a member of Barclays Blue Rewards, that person will get 100% of the reward
Where Direct Debits are paid from a joint nominated account?
Any Direct Debits paid from a joint nominated account will be eligible for the Direct Debit Loyalty Reward. The customer who has nominated that account for Barclays Blue Rewards will get 100% of the reward.
Where the home insurance policy is in joint names:
- If you’re both members of Barclays Blue Rewards at the point of application, the reward will be split 50:50 between you (if there are more than 2 of you, it will be split between the two people who have held their current account with us for the longest period of time)
- If one of you leaves Barclays Blue Rewards then 100% of the reward will be paid to the remaining policy holder from that point onwards
- If only one of you is a member of Barclays Blue Rewards at the point of application, that person will get 100% of the reward
Extra cashback from retailers
Whenever you are paid cashback from our cashback retailers, you’ll earn an additional 1% enhanced cashback on top of the standard rate of cashback. If you leave Barclays Blue Rewards, you’ll only get the standard cashback. Details of the level of cashback and the payment terms for each retailer are available on their pages.
We’ll pay your cashback into your Rewards Wallet as 2 separate transactions. One will be for the standard cashback and the other will be for the additional 1% enhanced cashback for being a part of Barclays Blue Rewards.
The extra 1% will be paid on the second working day of the calendar month that follows the standard cashback payment.
Who can join Barclays Blue Rewards
To join Barclays Blue Rewards, you need to be a resident in the UK for tax purposes and have an eligible current account with Barclays. You’ll need to nominate an eligible Barclays current account for Barclays Blue Rewards to get the benefits. Your account can be a joint account, but only one of you will be able to join Barclays Blue Rewards from that account – so we’ll tell the other person if you join so they know they can’t also use that account to join Barclays Blue Rewards.
If you have a Barclays Basic Current Account, a Young Person’s account, BarclayPlus, a foreign currency account, or a Barclays Wealth or Barclays Business account, we’re sorry, these are not eligible current accounts and you can’t use these to join Barclays Blue Rewards at the moment. However, we will keep reviewing and adding to the range of accounts that are eligible for Barclays Blue Rewards.
The monthly fee
We charge a fee of ￡4 each month. Your monthly fee will be taken from your nominated account on the 2nd working day of each month. The first monthly fee will be taken in the month after you join Barclays Blue Rewards. It will show in your statement as ’Blue Rewards fee’.
What you have to do to earn Barclays Blue Rewards
To earn Barclays Blue Rewards, you must do two things each calendar month:
- You must have at least ￡800 paid into your nominated current account, for example through your salary or pension (some payments won’t count towards the ￡800 – please see below).
- You must pay the ￡4 monthly fee.
As long as you do these two things in the previous calendar month, we’ll add any regular product loyalty rewards (including any direct debit loyalty reward) or enhanced cashback to your Rewards Wallet on the 2nd working day of each month.
When working out how much you have paid into the account, we will ignore:
- Single amounts transferred from other personal Barclays accounts in your name, including any joint accounts or savings accounts. (regular payments from your personal Barclays accounts, or money paid in from a Barclays Business Account will count towards your qualifying amount)
- Amounts paid out from your Rewards Wallet
- Any interest that we pay you
- Any refunds you receive from us
Please check the Barclays Blue Rewards website barclays.co.uk/bluerewards for details of the additional offers that you can qualify for when you join Barclays Blue Rewards and any additional product terms and conditions that apply. For example, you can earn rewards if you make direct debit payments from your chosen current account every month, if you hold or take out a Barclays residential mortgage product, if you hold or take out an eligible Barclays loan such as a Barclayloan, if you take out a Barclays home insurance product after you have joined Barclays Blue Rewards, and you can earn a higher rate of cashback with our range of retailers too. We’ll keep the website updated with new offers that you can qualify for and we’ll explain on the website how and when you can get these additional Barclays Blue Rewards and the additional terms that apply. We’ll add them to your Rewards Wallet as long as you are a part of Barclays Blue Rewards and you have done and continue to do the two things set out above in ‘What you have to do to earn Barclays Blue Rewards’.
You Rewards Wallet
We add any rewards you earn into your Rewards Wallet, which you can access through Online Banking or the Barclays app. You can see the amount of rewards that you have earned, and your available balance.
You can ask for a payout of your rewards from your Rewards Wallet at any time through Online Banking or the Barclays app into your other Barclays accounts.
You will require access to Online Banking or the Barclays app to view and access your rewards, update your rewards details or cancel Barclays Blue Rewards.
You are not permitted to put money into your Rewards Wallet directly, and you won’t get a cheque book or any card with your Rewards Wallet.
Section 10 of the Retail Customer Agreement (‘Sharing information about you with tax authorities abroad’) explains our obligations to report information to tax authorities. This means the balance in your Rewards Wallet will be treated as an account, and may be included within any relevant tax reporting required by that condition.
Cancelling Barclays Blue Rewards
If you want to cancel Barclays Blue Rewards, you can do so at any time either through Online Banking or the Barclays app. If you cancel within the first 14 days of receiving these Additional Conditions and you have already paid a monthly fee, we’ll refund the fee, unless you have already received any rewards in to your Rewards Wallet.
We may cancel Barclays Blue Rewards immediately if you close your nominated current account or are no longer resident in the UK for tax purposes. We may also cancel Barclays Blue Rewards if you fail to meet the two conditions to earn Barclays Blue Rewards or if the monthly fee you pay is greater than the rewards you earn. We will give you two months’ notice before cancelling but we will not cancel if you start meeting the conditions and earning more than the fee again before then.
If we or you cancel Barclays Blue Rewards:
- Any balance shown in your Rewards Wallet will be paid into your nominated current account
- You will no longer be eligible for any pending Rewards (such as direct debit, mortgage, loan or insurance rewards that are for the term of the product) that have not yet been shown in your Rewards Wallet
- Any pending cashback will be credited into your nominated current account but at the lower rate
- We will no longer charge you the Barclays Blue Rewards monthly fee in future months.
Keeping you informed
We’ll always keep you informed about the rewards you’re getting and how they may change over time. We’ll send information about your Barclays Blue Rewards to you using texts, email, Cloud It and other digital methods. We will not send paper statements or letters about your Rewards, as all communication is online. If you want to talk to us about Barclays Blue Rewards you can contact us in any of the usual ways, including at a branch and by phone.